Notable children’s books in the language arts

The Children’s Literature Assembly. (2007). Notable children’s books in the language arts. Journal of Children’s Literature,33(2), 13-23.

I want these books--as usual. Every year NCTE’s Children’s Literature Assembly selects 30 books that are absolutely wonderful, and we order them all for our literacy center’s resource area. This year’s collection looks as good as ever. I want them all, and I’m not sure which I’ll like most. Max’s Words, about a boy who collects words and makes stories, sounds good, as does I Lost My Tooth in Africa, about traditions surrounding losing a tooth. Alpha Oops! The Day Z Went First, sounds interesting, and Missouri Author Patricia McKissack has a new one on the list, Porch Lies: Tales of Slicksters, Tricksters, and Other Wily Characters. I know kids who would love Gone Wild: An Endangered Animal Alphabet. The Big Bad Wolf and Me and Scaredy Squirrel both look like fun for the younger ones. Each year the Children’s Literature Assembly has a great little ceremony at the NCTE conference to officially present the winners. I wish I could be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment